Sunday, August 23, 2009

5 spokes, 9 punctures and 975 miles

Hi again. So, another day, another mammoth task completed. I don't think I can add much to what Garfy's already written, although I've realised over the last couple of weeks that he's a pretty funny writer, and he knows how to use a REALLY small keyboard (although that's mainly because he's got tiny little hands), and that he does a really good Carttman impression. Ghandi is the most useful man on the planet, to the point that he can even fashion bike tools out of a piece of rope or a stick, and that he also has an affinity for cable ties, as well as for cycling up hills far faster than is neccessary. I've had a great couple of weeks, doing something that 20 years after my last big cycling adventure I thought that I'd never repeat. I've missed my family loads, got stroppy with my friends, and sung some bloody awful songs. And I've had a great time. Thanks to everyone for keeping in touch, sending messages of support, and of course sponsoring us. And especially thanks to Garfy and Gandhi for being really good mates (plus Rob our fourth member) and inviting me as well as putting up with me. It's now seven o'clock on Sunday 23rd August 2009, the day we finished our cycle ride from John o'Groats to Lands End. Can we go and get drunk now please? Darrin

No comments:

Post a Comment